- July 17, 2020
- Posted by: Sundeep Mehta
- Category: Uncategorized
Lean Six Sigma presents the world’s best business problem solving methods in a single capsule.
Lean Six Sigma is a process improvement methodology designed to eliminate problems, remove waste and inefficiency, and improve working conditions to provide a better response to customers’ needs.
It combines the tools, methods and principles of Lean and Six Sigma into one popular and powerful methodology for improving your organization’s operations.
There are three key elements to Lean Six Sigma:
- Tools and techniques: A comprehensive set of tools and analytical techniques that are used to identify and solve problems.
- Process and methodology: A series of phases that organize the use of the problem-solving tools to ensure that the true root causes are found and that a solution is fully implemented.
- Mindset and culture: A way of thinking that relies on data and processes to achieve operational performance goals and continuously improve.
Lean Six Sigma principles:
- Addressing a real-world problem
- Analysis is accomplished by a team
- Analysis is focused on a process
- Analysis is based upon data
- Understand the impact of the process sigma
- Solution addresses the real root cause(s)
- Solution includes a control system to help it “stick”
Benefits of Lean Six Sigma:
- Customer Satisfaction – Lean Six Sigma allows companies to improve their processes and quality control. This, in turn, leads to a better product or service in terms of price, quality, lower defect rates, and so on. And as a given, the better the product or service, the happier the customer.
- Customer Loyalty – Consistency in quality is something your customers notice. You’re far more likely to get repeat business if your customers are always satisfied.
- Improved Employee Performance – Lean Six Sigma isn’t just something company management does. Rather, it’s evident in everyone’s day-to-day work. The employees learn how to perform better at their job, as well as how to set and surpass goals.