IATF 16949:2016 is to be implemented as a supplement to, and in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015 rather than being a standalone QMS standard. It specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving a QMS for any organization, in the automotive industry regardless of size.
The global automotive industry is facing important challenges. Among them is the rapid growth of the supply base in emerging markets, and the need to improve their performance as reliable and cost-effective sources of supply.
Key changes to the standard include:
- Incorporation of some of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) Customer Specific Requirements (CSRs) to reduce the complexity and number of CSRs for suppliers to implement and for Certification Bodies (CB) to audit.
- Inclusion of requirements for safety-related parts and processes.
- Enhancement of product traceability requirements.
- Inclusion of requirements for products with embedded software.
- Inclusion of a warranty management process addressing no trouble found (NTF) and the use of automotive industry guidance.
- Clarification of sub-tier supplier management and development requirements.
- Addition of corporate responsibility requirements.
- Adoption of Annex SL High Level Structure, the same structure used when developing ISO 9001:2015.
- Clause 1: Scope
- Clause 2: Normative references
- Clause 3: Terms and definitions
- Clause 4: Context of the organization
- Clause 5: Leadership
- Clause 6: Planning
- Clause 7: Support
- Clause 8: Operation
- Clause 9: Performance evaluation
- Clause 10: Improvement
Auditing is critical to ensure compliance and find out the gaps. It maximizes the benefits of implementing IATF 16949. Effective auditing is a highly specialized skill and IQMS trains key personnel from your organization to be successful internal auditors.
- The requirements of IATF 16949
- Auditing techniques compatible with IATF 16949
- How to plan, perform and report on an audit
- How to take corrective action
- Architecture of the IATF 16949 Documentation
- Preparation of Checklists
- Nonconformities – Major and Minor
- Seeking Objective Evidence Through Documentation
IQMS consists of full-time trainers and consultants with a unique combination of manufacturing experience, business and financial expertise, and a “hands-on” approach creates a recipe for our clients’ success.
IQMS is a management-consulting firm designed to create value for manufacturers and product developers.
Our clients include organizations from the industrial and consumer products, service and medical device sectors. Providing training and hands-on consulting services in the areas of IATF 16949.We can help you achieve lower costs, improved productivity, and improved time-to-market.
We can help you in following areas like:
- An overview of the standards.
- We can provide templates so you can write them on your own.
- On-site or off-site training of personnel.
- Assistance with implementation.
- We can review your current documentation for compliance.
- Liaison with the registrar, reassessments and follow-up evaluations, and consulting during the registration process.