ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 is a service management system (SMS) standard. It specifies requirements for an organization to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve a service management system (SMS). The requirements include the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to meet the service requirements and deliver value.
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 can be used by:
- An organization seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled;
- An organization that requires a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain;
- A service provider that intends to demonstrate its capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfill service requirements;
- A service provider to monitor, measure and review its service management processes and services; a service provider to improve the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services through the effective implementation and operation of the SMS;
- An assessor or auditor as the criteria for a conformity assessment of a service provider’s SMS to the requirements in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
The new 2018 version (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) comprises ten Clausal areas (sections), following the high-level structure from Annex SL of the Consolidated ISO/IEC Directives, Part 1:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Context of the organization
- Support of the Service Management System
- Operation of the Service Management System
- Performance Evaluation
Benefits of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- Bringing service management and continuous improvement into the heart of your business: The updated standard will ensure that service management is integrated and aligned with the business strategies of your organization. This strategic focus will result in optimizing the performance of your service management system (SMS), making it more effective for you, your customers and your suppliers.
- Leadership: Greater involvement in the management system by the leadership team will ensure the whole organization understands service management requirements and is motivated by the support it provides to achieving organizations goals and objectives.
- Less prescriptive documentation: Feedback has suggested the current standard may be too prescriptive around documentation and procedures. The update will provide greater flexibility, making it easier to apply to any service management system.
- New focus on demand and knowledge management: Embedding demand and knowledge are new additions to this standard that can be applied to service management across the whole organization beyond IT.
- Supplier management clarity:The update will give you clearer parameters around supplier management, helping you embed more effective approaches to enhance your relationships and improve efficiency for all involved
Our Team offers a variety of Consulting Services and Solutions.
IQMS consists of full-time trainers and consultants with a unique combination of manufacturing experience, business and financial expertise, and a “hands-on” approach creates a recipe for our clients’ success.
Our experts can help us to gain effective implementation of ISO 20000 in your organisation
- Provides well-planned and stage by stage audit program.
- A sound, coherent and non disruptive assessment.
- We have an enviable record of customer satisfaction.