ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is a service management system (SMS) standard. It specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfill agreed service requirements.
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 can be used by:
- An organization seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled.
- An organization that requires a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain.
- A service provider that intends to demonstrate its capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfill service requirements.
- A service provider to monitor measure and review its service management processes and services.
- A service provider to improve the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services through the effective implementation and operation of the SMS.
The benefits of using the standards are as follows:
- Alignment of information technology services and business strategy.
- Creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects.
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices.
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services.
- By requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels, it creates a progressive ethos and culture.
- Supports ‘interchanging’ of service providers and staff by virtue of the creation of inter-enterprise operational processes.
- Reduction of risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt.
- Enhanced reputation and perception.
- Fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes.
- Ensure the effective running and delivery of IT services.
- Continually improve processes.
Our Team offers a variety of Consulting Services and Solutions.
IQMS consists of full-time trainers and consultants with a unique combination of manufacturing experience, business and financial expertise, and a “hands-on” approach creates a recipe for our clients’ success.
Our experts can help us to gain effective implementation of ISO 20000 in your organisation
- Provides well-planned and stage by stage audit program.
- A sound, coherent and non disruptive assessment.
- We have an enviable record of customer satisfaction.