ISO/IEC 19770-1:2017 specifies requirements for an IT asset management system within the context of the organization.
ISO/IEC 19770-1:2017 can be applied to all types of IT assets and by all types and sizes of organizations.
ISO/IEC 19770-1:2017 is a discipline-specific extension of ISO 55001:2014, with changes, and is not a sector-specific application of that International Standard. ISO 55001:2014 is intended to be used for managing physical assets in particular, but it can also be applied to other asset types. This document specifies requirements for the management of IT assets which are additional to those specified in ISO 55001:2014. Conformance to this document does not imply conformance to ISO 55001:2014.
ISO/IEC 19770-1:2017 can be used by internal and external parties to assess the organization’s ability to meet the organization’s own IT asset management requirements.
As of December 2017, the ISO/IEC 19770-1 Standard has been revised again, and there are some significant changes:
- It has been reworked to align with and reference other ISO/IEC Standards – in particular the ISO 55001 Standard (2014)
- It has been positioned as an extension or refinement of this ISO 55001:2014 Standard, which is primarily focused on physical assets – the ISO/IEC 19770-1 adds the details for the improved management of IT assets and in particular for software and licensing
- The ISO/IEC 19770-1 Standard has been reorganized into 3 tiers:
- Tier 1: Trustworthy Data
- Tier 2: Life Cycle Integration
- Tier 3: Optimization
- The conformance requirements have been rewritten and re-categorized to fit the new tiers – they have also been classified as either functional or life-cycle process requirements
- The requirements now cover actual IT concepts such as outsourcing, cloud computing and BYOD
IQMS consists of highly qualified consultants with a unique combination of manufacturing experience, business and financial expertise, and a “hands-on” approach creates a recipe for our clients’ success.
We understand that each organization or person is unique. Our Solutions are comprehensive and will be customized to meet your specific needs.
- Provides well-planned and stage by stage audit program.
- A sound, coherent and non disruptive assessment.
- We have an enviable record of customer satisfaction.