ISO 14001:2015 specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance. ISO 14001:2015 is intended for use by an organization seeking to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability.
ISO 14001:2015 helps an organization achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system, which provide value for the environment, the organization itself and interested parties.
Consistent with the organization’s environmental policy, the intended outcomes of an environmental management system include:
- Enhancement of environmental performance;
- Fulfillment of compliance obligations;
- Achievement of environmental objectives.
ISO 14001:2015 is applicable to any organization, regardless of size, type and nature, and applies to the environmental aspects of its activities, products and services that the organization determines it can either control or influence considering a life cycle perspective.
The key changes relate to:
- Increased prominence of environmental management within the organization’s strategic planning processes.
- Greater focus on leadership.
- Addition of proactive initiatives to protect the environment from harm and degradation, such as sustainable resource use and climate change mitigation.
- Improving environmental performance added.
- Lifecycle thinking when considering environmental aspects.
- Addition of a communications strategy.
Benefits of Implementing ISO 14001
The benefits of using the standards are as follows:
- Improves environmental performance, saving money, reducing waste and preserving natural resources.
- Improves risk and opportunity management ensuring continual improvement is systematic.
- Improves lifecycle management helps identify specific product improvements.
- Helps comply with legislation, reducing the risk of fines and adverse publicity.
- Improves corporate responsibility to meet supply chain requirements.
- Motivates and engages staff with more efficient processes.
Establishing the environmental goals (policy).
Planning the elements of the EMS.
Implementing the EMS.
Checking for any problems and correcting them.
Evaluating the effectiveness of the EMS and improving it, and launching into a new cycle of improvement.
Effective auditing is a highly specialized skill and IQMS trains key personnel from your organization to be successful internal auditors. We have training programs that range from 1 to 3 days. All programs can be customized to meet any unique needs that you may have.
The requirements of ISO 14001
Auditing techniques compatible with Iso14000
How to plan, perform and report on an audit
How to take corrective action.
Architecture of the ISO 14001 Documentation.
Preparation of Checklists
Nonconformities – Major and Minor
Seeking Objective Evidence Through
Better understanding of the ISO 14001 Requirements
Learn how to Conduct Internal Audits, Audit Process and Cycle.
Preparing and Using Checklist.
How to Seek Objective Evidence.
Internal Auditor Certificate (upon successful completion).
Identify opportunities for improvement.
Please contact us at your earliest to jump start your Quality Drive. All of our training programs can be customized to meet your organization’s needs. Our programs can be scheduled for a half-day seminar, full-day seminar, or multiple-day seminars.